Friday, January 6, 2017

Yuko Mabuchi 2017 Interview: Copymat Hollywood Meets Jazz

Today we crossed paths with Los Angeles frequent Yuko Mabuchi. Born and raised in Fukui, Japan, Yuko Mabuchi grew up on piano & Jazz. She's worked on several projects with Copymat favorite & Hollywood legend Billy Mitchell, making a name for herself as a keyboardist & musician.

“Yuko has a very unique approach. She is technically proficient but is also very soulful which separates her from most of the piano players who I’ve heard. Yuko has an emotional content to her music. Every time that she plays, she connects with the audience immediately, no matter who is listening." - Billy Mitchell


When did you first start playing piano?
I first started piano at age four, with classical music.




Do you remember the first song you've ever played?
No, not exactly.




What's your favorite song to play?

I enjoy playing my original song more than anything. I am learning so many great songs its difficult to pick one out.




What's your favorite place to eat in Los Angeles?
My favorite restaurant is Dulan’s Soul Food because the food is so tasty and I always take food home.





What are your goals for 2017?
I want to visit as many cities in the US as I can. I also look forward to my next CD project on Yarlung Records, which is also a classical label. I’m also looking forward to performing at Disney Hall as a featured guest of the Los Angeles Inner-City Youth Orchestra.


Anything else you'd like to add?
My goal is to share my music with people around the world. I hope that my music, in some way, will make this a better place.

Stay tuned for Yuko's latest endeavors

No comments:

Post a Comment